Eco-Friendly Ways To Keep Spiders Away From Your Green Bay Home
April 15, 2022 - Spiders
If you're like most people in Green Bay, you probably don't enjoy spiders. Many people are downright terrified of them— especially the crazy-looking spiders!
While it's important to be cautious around spiders and know how to deal with any venomous species, the majority of spiders in this area are harmless. If you're finding an abundance of spiders near your home, the best thing you can do is call Green Bay pest control specialists for assistance.
Types Of Spiders In Green Bay
Several spider species are common in the Green Bay area. Some of the most common include the following:
- Florida spiders: These spiders are typically brown or tan and have very long legs. They build their webs near the ground, making them common in residential areas.
- Common house spiders: These spiders are tiny and typically have brown or tan coloring. They build their webs in the dark, secluded areas such as closets, basements, and garages.
- Costa Rica spiders: These spiders are typically large and black. They spin webs in trees and can be challenging to get rid of without professional help.
- South Florida spiders: Small and brown, these spiders are often found near water. They build their webs in grass and shrubs.
- Fiji spiders: You can identify these spiders by their distinctive red coloring. They're often found near the ocean, spinning webs in trees and bushes.
While these spiders can be a nuisance, only a few can cause harm. If you're having trouble with any of the spiders listed above, be sure to contact a professional.
Are Spiders Dangerous Enough To Kill People?
It's important to be cautious around spiders, even harmless ones such as Costa Rica spiders. Most of them can't harm you. In fact, there are only two types of spiders in the United States that pose a severe risk to people- the black widow and the brown recluse. If you're ever bitten by one of these spiders, seek medical attention immediately.
Five Natural Spider Prevention Tips
There are tons of great ideas that could help prevent Fiji spiders from entering your home:
- Seal cracks and crevices in your foundation and around doors and windows.
- Remove debris and clutter from your yard, as spiders love to hide in these places.
- Install door sweeps and window screens.
- Keep plants, bushes, and trees trimmed and away from your home.
- Use natural essential oils that spiders hate, such as peppermint, lavender, and citrus.
Whether you come across common house spiders or crazy-looking spiders, please DO NOT touch them! Take a picture if you can, and then contact your nearest pest control specialist. They'll be more than happy to handle the problem for you!
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Away
If you're not comfortable with spiders, the best way to keep them away from your property is by speaking with a professional pest control company like BugBoss The X-terminators. They'll be able to inspect your property and offer solutions that are specific to your needs. Don't wait until spider populations get out of control before contacting a pest control specialist.
Additionally, you may consider the following eco-friendly tips for keeping spiders away:
- Vacuum the spider webs regularly. This will help disturb the spiders and their webs, making it difficult for them to thrive.
- Switch off the outdoor lights at night. Outdoor lights attract insects, which in turn attract spiders.
- Baking soda and vinegar. Mix these two ingredients to create a natural spider repellent.
- Get some ladybugs. Ladybugs are natural predators of spiders and can help to keep their populations under control.
- Borax. Sprinkle a little Borax around your home to create an inhospitable environment for spiders.
If you're looking for a more permanent solution to your spider problem, call BugBoss The X-terminators. We offer eco-friendly solutions that are specific to your needs. Don't wait until spider populations get out of control- contact our team today!