The Key To Keeping Your Green Bay Home Carpenter Ant-Free
March 15, 2022 - Carpenter Ants
If you've recently discovered carpenter ants on your property, you're not alone. It is quite common to find carpenter ants in Green Bay homes. While the health risks they pose are minimal aside from contaminating food, the damage they can do to a home is similar to termites. Carpenter ants can cause severe damage to the structural wood of your house, resulting in expensive home improvement bills.
There are several ways for homeowners to prevent and treat carpenter ant infestations. The best way to get rid of carpenter ants is to rely on a trusted Green Bay pest control company. Read on to find out more about carpenter ants and how BugBoss The X-terminators can keep them off your property for good.
Signs Of Carpenter Ants
Carpenter ants build their primary colonies outdoors, but will also make their way inside the house. Aside from noticing red or black carpenter ants in your home, there are several ways to know if you have an infestation. Here are some of the telltale signs:
- Hearing a rustling sound coming from within your walls
- Winged ants emerging from any cracks in your walls or ceilings
- Shed wings or other insect body parts on baseboards, window sills, or floors
- Sawdust, also known as frass, in small piles around your baseboards or near other wood surfaces throughout your home
If you discover carpenter ant frass in your home or any of these other symptoms of an infestation, contact BugBoss The X-terminators for a custom pest control solution.
The Extent Of Damage Carpenter Ants Can Do To Your Property
Carpenter ants in Green Bay can cause significant damage to homes. They build their habitats within wood, especially if it is moist or rotted inside. If left undetected, a colony of carpenter ants will expand into dry, sound wood, which can begin to compromise the structure of your home. Over time, an infestation could lead to weakened support beams and warping. If the damage is severe enough, sections of your home could collapse. It's important to treat an infestation right away to avoid carpenter ant damage to your home that could cost you thousands of dollars.
How To Completely Get Rid Of Carpenter Ants
If you notice any carpenter ants in trees in the yard or around exterior wooden structures like your deck or patio, you are at risk for an infestation within your home. One way to completely get rid of carpenter ants is to take preventive measures to keep them away. Here are some tips you can implement:
- Remove wooden yard debris such as branches and leaf piles from your property.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from your home.
- Seal any cracks in your exterior walls and foundation.
- Eliminate food sources by keeping lids on all trash cans and cleaning up food debris in your kitchen.
- Ensure your gutter system is working properly to keep rainwater flowing away from your home.
- Fix all leaks within your home to avoid creating moist areas.
- Repair any weatherstripping around your home to eliminate gaps.
Taking the time to prevent carpenter ants from making their home on your property greatly reduces your risk of an infestation.
How To Keep Carpenter Ants From Coming Back
The best way to avoid carpenter ant damage to your home is to contact an experienced pest control professional. If you notice black carpenter ants in your home, trust the team at BugBoss The X-terminators to take care of the problem.
We offer quarterly maintenance services to keep ants out of your home all year long. We'll also do a free inspection on your property and come up with a customized extermination plan that fits your budget. Give us a call today to discuss your pest control needs.